Gijs van Poppel obtained his Dutch law degrees (civil law and company law) at the Leyden University. Gijs has started his company law transaction and litigation practice (partnerships, M&A, shareholder and board disputes) with Van Mens & Wisselink (VMW Taxand) on 1 July 1996. He went on to become a partner with Van Mens & Wisselink (VMW Taxand) on 1 July 2003.
Van Poppel Croonen Advocaten was founded on 1 January 2010. Gijs is the permanent advisor of national and international organisations active in the areas of IT, Education, Human Resources, Healthcare and Media and a number of wealthy individuals.
Aside from his work as a practising lawyer, Gijs is a member of the Association for Corporate Litigation and a number of committees, including:
• vice chairman of the disciplinary committee of the Royal Dutch Hockey Association (KNHB);
• vice chairman of the advisory committee of the Royal Dutch Society for the Advancement of Pharmacy (KNMP);
• chairman of the advisory committee of the Federation of Health Psychologists and Psychotherapists (FGzPt);
• chairman of the disciplinary and advisory committee of the Federation of Nurses & Carers Netherlands (V&VN);
• chairman of the Examination Appeals Board (CBE) of Leiden University;
• chairman of the Committee for Appeals and Objections of Leiden University.
Gijs van Poppel has registered Company and Civil law as principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Dutch Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, he is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Dutch Bar.
Send an e-mail
Gijs van Poppel is specialized in: